The Aquatics Director leads and manages the aquatics team of lifeguards and instructors, the operations of a large indoor and outdoor aquatics center with five pools, two whirlpools, water slides and water park play structures, and a full calendar of aquatics programming, including lessons, teams, and special events. The Director hires, schedules and trains all aquatics staff, develops an annual budget and strategic plan, and helps develop the aquatics program calendar. This position is provided with general supervision by the General Manager and Assistant GM, and must be organized and able to run the Aquatics Department with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of current successful aquatics industry program and operational trends.
- Knowledge of standard anatomy, physiology, and kinesiology.
- Strong background in the aquatics and fitness industry.
- Minimum two years management/supervisory experience of a similar aquatics department.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent physical condition; able to demonstrate all swim strokes and all lifesaving techniques.
- Minimum two years of college education required; Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university preferred.
- First Aid/CPR certifications required prior to hire date
- Position requires First Aid/CPR certification for professional rescuers
- CPR and First Aid Instructor certification preferred.
- Must be certified as Water Safety Instructor or equivalent.
VillaSport Athletic Club and Spa offers exciting and fulfilling career opportunities for those who thrive in a fast-paced, energizing environment. Our resort-style clubs are where fitness, family and community all come together. As a growth company with ambitious expansion plans, VillaSport is looking for talented and motivated people who can grow with us and deliver best-in-class customer service on a scale not seen in the industry.
If you are a high-performing, outgoing, service-oriented individual looking for a chance to make a difference, you belong at VillaSport. We offer a fantastic work environment, competitive wages, and a benefit package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company match of up to 4% of your compensation.
For more information about VillaSport please visit our website at www.villasport.com
Please send your resume and salary requirements.
*** No unsolicited phone calls or resumes from recruiters. Any unsolicited resumes received will be deemed the property of our Company and no recruiting and/or placement fees will be paid out should the forwarding of said material result in hire. ***
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)